Re: [oletrucks] 3 Point Seat Belts for 57 3100

To: <Markegates@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 3 Point Seat Belts for 57 3100
From: "R Welch" <rwelch@bartnet.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 08:22:00 -0600
I have not done it yet, but on my 56 TF I was going to investigate welding a
nut onto a piece of square tubing long enough so I could hold it from the
bottom (and retrieve it if necessary) of the post cavity.  I think if one
experiments a little with tubing sizes it would be a pretty tight fit and
provide some reinforcement - although I'm not sure if its enough.  This
method would only require drilling a hole in the post for the seat belt
attachment.  If this method is successful, I think one would also want to
wrap the tubing with something so it doesn't rattle inside the body.  Would
be interested in hearing others solution to this problem.

-Bob