[oletrucks] 1956 Chevy original drivetrain

To: "oletruck" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 1956 Chevy original drivetrain
From: "Dave Cunningham" <djcvjc@riconnect.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 05:42:21 -0500
Hi,
This message was left in my guestbook contact him for futher info.
Dave
http://home.cshore.com/djcvjc/1955gmc.html

  i'm impressed with some of your work being done
on your truck.i have a 56 & a 57 chevy p/u.
the 57 was all hacked up so i'm turning it into
a prostreet.the 56 has been partially restored
but i need a truck that will do harder work.
the suspension is to weak to carry a load so
i'm going to put the body on a 76 shortbed
frame that i put a dually suspension onto.
that should pull my 57 on a trailer real nicely.
i have the original drivetrain (235 straight,
3 speed,bellhousing,column shifter complete,
most of the clutch works,& the rearend) from
the 56 that needs a good home.i really don't
want to junk it,but don't have to many people
around here looking for such a thing.if you
know anyone looking for one,running in good
condition,please contact me,harry lee king II
at (mina@motion.net).
i'm not asking much for it,respectfully, i
know it's not new but still worth something.
i also have access to another drivetrain (same)
to a 57 chevy p/u.
keep up the good work,i'll check back later.
harry
illinois