[oletrucks] Questions

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Questions
From: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 16:36:28 -0700
I have a couple of questions (or more) 1. Is there any reason NOT to buy a 3/4
ton GMC 50-51 pick-up rather than a 1/2 ton? 2. Is there a website around that
describes the planetary(?) overdrive that Chevy seems to have had in the 50's
pick-ups? Or was this an aftermarket item? 3. Does someone make an adapter to
use a modern overdrive auto or 5 speed manual transmission with the original
(302) GMC six cylinder engine? I would like to switch to an open driveline
anyway as I would like a locking differential. Thanks, Bob in PHX