Re: [oletrucks] 3 Point Seat Belts for 57 3100

To: "Blaine & Maggie Dumkee" <bmdumkee@auroranet.nt.ca>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 3 Point Seat Belts for 57 3100
From: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 11:34:52 -0500
Haven't seen these seats--but seems to me that the seats would have to be
very very strong, especially on the latch that holds the seat vertical. In
a crash you'd be totally relying on the seat latch to hold you away from
the steering wheel as all the forward momentum would be applied directly to
the seat instead of having an anchor point on the cab, the anchor point
would be the seat...   just a thought... -wayne

At 09:21 PM 11/12/01 -0700, Blaine & Maggie Dumkee wrote:
>Has anyone installed seats from a new fullsized Dodge with the built in
>should harness?
>
>Could it be as simple as bolting in the seat and having the shoulder strap
>built into the seat?

Wayne Osborne
1956 Chevy Pickup
LaGrange Ga.