[oletrucks] air compressor

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] air compressor
From: "Tom" <tomntam@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 21:39:03 -0500
Hi fellas,
I know this has probably been discussed many times and I did check the
archives, but I didn't really see what I need to know. I have a gravity fed
siphon sandblaster, I think that is what it would be called, and a Campbell
Hausfeld compressor. The compressor is over 20 years old and I bought it
used then, I must say it has been a good one. Problem is it will not work
with the sandblaster, even though the sandblaster says only 4.5 cfm is
required, however it doesn't say at what psi. I also bought a pneumatic
orbital sander and the compressor wouldn't operate that either without
bogging down and just not spinning like I thought it should. Maybe my
compressor is about worn out.
I saw a compressor at Northern Hydraulics and was wondering if you fellas
think this would do what I need. It is a Campbell Hausfeld  6.5 HP, 60
gallon, 11.5 cfm @ 40psi, 9.4 cfm @ 90psi, cast iron twin cylinders and it
is not oil less, I heard the oil less compressors were noisy.
They also had an Ingersoll Rand that was 3HP, with a little more cfm, but
was $100.00 more.  Why would less horsepower create more cfm?
Anyway, thanks for the help,
        Tom 552nd 3100
1997 -2000 Racing Seasons
http://home.earthlink.net/~tomntam/index.html