[oletrucks] Winter in Texas

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [oletrucks] Winter in Texas
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 20:22:28 EST
Groups,
   I know all those located in the northern tier of the country expect foul
weather this time of year, but here in Texas, our winter doesn't start until
January and ends in February, more or less.  We had a storm that started
yesterday afternoon and lasted for 24 hours.  We now have 8 inches of the
white stuff on the ground and it is a mess.  Almost everything was closed and
travel poor at best.  In this part of the country, the largest piece of snow
removal equipment is a shovel.  Roads smaller than interstates may be plowed,
city streets just have to melt.  With the temperature going down into the
teens tonight, not much melting will occur.  I was to fly out in the morning
to Orlando Florida, but not sure that will happen either.  Maybe I'll go out
and make snow angels.  At least my old truck is high and dry in the garage,
covered up.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX