[oletrucks] Virus & Worm Warnings

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Virus & Worm Warnings
From: McGillis@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 20:56:28 EST
Managing a trade association, a trade show and a car club,  I sometimes send
email to 2000 people at once.  I receive viruses almost daily, usually from
someone I know and trust.

If you use a PC for email without antivirus protection, the odds are high
that you will be infected.

Using Outlook makes it likely you will infect others in the process.

You do not always have to open an attachment to be infected.

Back up your data files.  Run an antivirus program.  Update your antivirus
definitions at least weekly.  Do not open attached files unless the sender
has convinced you there is a reason to do so.  A virus usually comes from
someone you know.

  Dennis McGillis
  949-551-4821 phone
  949-551-1162 fax