Re: [oletrucks] Virus & Worm Warnings

To: McGillis@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Virus & Worm Warnings
From: antonio <antonio@innercite.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:54:38 -0800 (PST)
Gary does not know that he has a virus running on his PC, the name of the virus
is W32.Badtrans.b@mm, this virus runs a local mail server on the infected PC
and sends itself to every address on the infected PC Outlook address book, and
it sends that originariting address as the original user names email address
and appends an underscore to the address to avoid infected recepients from
replying back to that address. Norton antivuris will clean up the file and you
can set Norton to detect viruses even on previewing your messages.
I guess this is one a list of worm type of viruses that are being propagated
now days. The danger on some of these viruses is that they can record the users
keystrokes and mail then back to the creator/originator of the virus using the
email server running on the infected PC. They don't damage files on your PC,
but they are malicious on stealing your passwords and logins.

Just an FYI. Run Norton or Mcafee on your PC to make sure you are no infected.

Antonio
Quoting McGillis@aol.com: