[oletrucks] Fuel Injected V-6

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Fuel Injected V-6
From: ldfinley@juno.com
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 13:32:29 -0600
Hi All,

Has anybody out there experimented by pulling out their old 216 or 225
and putting in a small to midsize V-6 with fuel injection attached to an
automatic overdrive tranny.  I'd like to upgrade, but I am thinking ahead
of the next time gas goes over $2.00+/gal.

I'm thinking of a 3.0 Liter F**d or a similar GM product replacement.  I
know a lot of us like the venerable 350, but my experience with them is
that they are somewhat thirsty, except when parked.  I think it would be
grand to get 25 to 30 mpg as we cruise along, lookin good.

Any suggestions or admonitions?

Thanks!

Larry
1951 3100