[oletrucks] FI V-6

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] FI V-6
From: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 23:13:18 -0700
I've been kicking around ideas for a custom tow rig for a small fifth wheel
travel trailer. One combination I looked into was a Chevy 383 or 400 V-8 with
EFI. I talked to a guy here in PHX in a shop specializing in reworking Chevy
engines. When I asked him abt the difference in the TBI and TPI, he said the
main difference was the TPI would give slightly  more power. His view was that
either FI system would be much better overall;better starting, smoother
acceleration, and better mileage ,over even the best conventional induction
system. I still don't know what I'm going to do for a tow rig. I'd like
something different. I'm still looking . Bob K in PKX