[oletrucks] 1950's GMC's

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 1950's GMC's
From: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 23:03:12 -0700
Do I like early 50's, or later 50's GMC's ? YES! Originally, I was thinking
early 50's, but have seen several later models that were "quite nice". I even
saw a (I think) 1957 550 LCF that a gent in MO., Larry Webb, put on a 1978
Chevy 4X4 p-u frame. It's on the web. And I saw a early 50's 630 cab and sheet
medal that I thought would REALLY look neat on a 1 ton pick-up. But the cab
and nose are LLOONNGG. Still thinking abt that one. I also saw, and took
photos of, a 950, or abt there.Tandem axle "Jimmy" diesel. A GMC/Chevy
enthusiast asked me to get more info on that; I think he'd like to have it. On
my last trip to Oregon, my home state, I found a bunch (8-10) of old trucks
(late fifties Chevy NAPCO 1 ton flat bed, 64 Autocar, etc. )That are sitting
out in the brush, just rusting away. I estimate they've been there abt 5
years. They belong to a couple of elderly brother's and I asked  if they were
thinking abt selling them. He said he and his brother had talked abt it. So
I'm going to put photos of the trucks (only one GM) on a website, and see if I
can find out abt what they might bring. One is a White-Freightliner COE,
bought to haul long logs. Tandem axles on the trailer and truck. More on that
later. Anyway, I have seen some later 50's GMC's that really look nice, so it
will probably end up being what I find when I have a little more money.I live
in NW Phoenix.AZ. Thanks. Bob KNOTTS