[oletrucks] Transmissions (2): Overdrive?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Transmissions (2): Overdrive?
From: The Perfesser <driver@49chevy.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 10:57:56 -0600
Hello again,

In addition to the preceding magnum opus about transmissions and drive
chains, one of my advisors has suggested I research transmissions with
overdrive as an alternative to changing the ring and pinion in the rear end.

Are there any transmissions with Overdrive that might be suitable for a
truck such as mine (1949 3100) ?

The thought is that if I'm going to have to replace the transmission, I
might consider doing it with one that offers over drive;
The suspicion is that overdrive, if it exists at all, did not come along
until much later, and so would likely not be compatible with my old-style
"closed" drive shaft.

You know how it is with the old girls... tummy tuck here requires a thigh
lift there...

--PS

Paul Schatzkin, aka The Perfesser
http://www.theperfesser.com