Re: [oletrucks] Transmissions (2): Overdrive?

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Transmissions (2): Overdrive?
From: "Allen Jones" <jonesal@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 13:25:45 -0800
In summary, there really isn't an overdrive solution for a closed driveline
truck.  In keeping a closed driveline, you can use the stock 3 or 4 speed
Muncie (which have less than friendly shift ratios), or a later model
Saginaw 4 speed (nicer ratios) with Patrick's adapter for the torque tube.
In any case, a 1:1 3rd or 4th makes the 3.55 ring and pinion very
attractive.  Use of a later style Saginaw 3 or 4 speed overdrive would
require a late model open driveline.  I suggest you browse the archives as
all these options are presented there.

Allen in Seattle
'50 3100