Re: [oletrucks] lens replacements

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] lens replacements
From: Bruce K <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 19:20:23 -0600
I'm going by memory from my dad's old '58 here, but aren't these
lenses and the frame around them the same as for the standard TF
pickup tailights (round)?

If so, any of the parts houses have them in plastic and glass.

Bruce K
Bekett@uslink.net

At 9 December 2001, you wrote:

>As time permits, I'm doing a restoration on the center tail light
on my
>TF Suburban.  I already have NOS and rechromed side tail light bases
and
>plastic lenses for the "normal"/side/main tail lights.
>
>For the center tail light/license plate light, I was surprised to find
>that these are glass and not plastic.  I  am trying to come up with
spares
>of Suburban specific parts in case I ever get hit in the back.
>
>I have two complete tail light assemblies but only one set of the
lenses.

>1--Does anyone know of or have any lenses that they would be willing
to sell?

>2--Does anyone know of any good way to reproduce these in small
quantities?
>When I was a kid, I used to do the Plasticast liquid resin in molds
and
>both of these lenses are definitely good enough to make molds, but
I don't

EASY and FREE access to your email anywhere: http://kralweb.com/mail