Re: [oletrucks] Which coil to use?

To: wschick1@twcny.rr.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Which coil to use?
From: TOUCANMAN@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 11:08:02 EST
In a message dated 12/10/01 3:05:15 PM Pacific Standard Time,
wschick1@twcny.rr.com writes:

<<  am finishing the rebuild on a 235 engine. I have a old Mallory dual point
 distributor that I would like to use. Is there a period coil that would look
 good and work. Are the old Magsparks anything that can be used or should I
 just get a nice chrome coil and be done with it. I want it to look good if
 possible, but I do want to be able to drive my truck as well.

 Thanks.

 Bill Schickling

hey, bill i had the same delema,are you running 6 or 12 volts will answers
most of your question.......i have a vintage mallory/holly nos 6 volt coil
that was intended to run with your distibutor .its made of bakelite or
something similar....but i am running 12 volts so i ended up with the new
chrome mallory external resister coil  instead.let me know if you want  this
old nos mallory 6 volt coil still a box fer 30.00.plus shipping...steve