Re: [oletrucks] Re: Doorlock on 1950 GMC

To: Dave <dave@juniorbaseball.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: Doorlock on 1950 GMC
From: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 11:59:29 -0500
Dave,
   The general consensus is that you don't want to exit the truck into
traffic, so when its locked you'll exit onto the sidewalk. Don't know if
the GMC had a provision for locks on the drivers side or not. We've
discussed this on the list many time before and some more info can be
obtained from the archives.
--wayne
At 08:39 AM 12/11/01 -0800, Dave wrote:
>Hi Truck-folks:
>
>Our 1950 GMC pickup has a door lock only on the passenger side, which it
>terribly awkward for everyday use - have to lock the driver's door from the
>inside, slide out the passenger side, lock that door, then reverse the
>procedure to get in. With a passenger, it is ever more awkward! There is no
>hole or privision for a lock on the right side.
>
>Anyone know is this was standard on these, and why? And what can we do to
>fit a lock mechanism to this door? It seems like a big job...
>
>Thanks!
>
>Dave Destler
>Los Angeles
>
>P.S. Bodywork is almost finished, and chrome is all done - ready to paint
>soon!

Wayne Osborne
1956 Chevy Pickup
LaGrange Ga.