Re: [oletrucks] air compressor questions -- > Just See This Old

To: jonesal@u.washington.edu, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] air compressor questions -- > Just See This Old
From: TORODRVR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 13:12:26 EST
In a message dated 12/13/01 9:33:46 AM Mountain Standard Time,
jonesal@u.washington.edu writes:

<< The only real issue is to stay away from the oil-less compressors.
 Besides the other issues on  the list, they wear out much faster than a
 regular compressor if you really use it.  When I told Sears what I wanted it
 for, they even said that it wasn't the right technology for the job.
 Basically they have to be rebuilt every few hundred hours of operation. .
 .don't remember the exact number. >>
That is correct. I use mine for body work and painting, and also pneumatic
grease gun and air drill. I've had it about four years, and have just rebuilt
it for the second time. As the kit is about $25, this time I ordered two in
order to save on shipping and have one on hand for an emergency. I truly wish
I had bought a larger, non-oilless, 220V compressor. It wouldn't be cheaper
in the long run, but at least the aggravation would be much less.