[oletrucks] Carburetor Woes

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Carburetor Woes
From: "Bill Putren" <billputren@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 15:39:41 -0800
Here's hoping someone can help me with my carburetor problem, or at least I
believe it is a carburetor problem.   I have a Quadrajet on my 350.    RUns
great,  problem is starting.    First start of the day no fuel squirts out of
the accel pump.  I have to crank it for a 3-5 seconds, then wait , then pump
the accelerator, then it will start.    After it is started is starts
immediately every time the same day.  Next morning, same problem.

I have rebuilt the carb, and replaced the plugs in the bowls, (local guy said
this is the prob.) NO improvement.

Any comments or advice.  Thanks  all.

Bill
San Diego California
1957 Long Bed.

P. S. My truck is a longbed, small window. how do I know if it is 3100, 3200?
And what does that mean anyway?