Re: [oletrucks] Carburetor Woes

To: "Bill Putren" <billputren@hotmail.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Carburetor Woes
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 16:05:48 -0800
Hi Bill -

Well the No Squirt out of the accelerator pump on initial pump would mean
you have a float level problem.  The choke could also just need to be
adjusted.   Tomorrow morning take the air cleaner off and then sit inside
the cab and press the pedal down once to set the choke and then go back
outside and see if the choke coil set the choke valve closed.  If it didn't
then you need to re-adjust the choke.  When the choke is set you should also
have a high idle setting while the engine is warming up and the choke should
slowly open up bringing down the idle speed as the coil coil warms up until
it reaches your normal idle setting.

Joe