Re: [oletrucks] Springs

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Springs
From: Bruce K <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 23:23:46 -0600
Look for the spring constant, usually rated in pounds per inch of
compression.  The higher the number, the stiffer the spring.  As
a general rule of thumb, with the same coil diameter and same steel
composition, the same number of turns per foot, and the same steel
temper, the higher the diameter of the steel rod that makes the coil,
the higher the spring constant.

They may also be rated by capacity (pounds) at a given compression.
Again, the higher the number, the stiffer the spring.

Bruce K
57 3200
MN

EASY and FREE access to your email anywhere: http://kralweb.com/mail