Re: [oletrucks] engine help

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] engine help
From: Bruce K <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 22:59:06 -0600
Let's get back to basics.

Does the order of plug wires on the distributor jive with the firing
order in the direction the distributor turns?

If you hook up a spark plug in the open directly to the coil wire,
do you get a spark when the engine turns?

Are you trying to run an HEI ignition of some sort through a ballast
resistor?  The lowered voltage will not fire right.

Could you have a fuel problem?  A cap full of fuel down the carb
throat should run the thing for a few seconds cold with the choke
off.  Sounds like it is firing, but not strong enough to run the
engine.

Do the marks on the timing sprockets line up?

Are you looking at the correct cylinder when you line up No. 1?
Sorry if that offends you, but we are getting back to basics here.

Are your plugs wet with fuel?  Are they Champions?  I've had lots
better luck with AC's on GM engines (Oh oh, here we go again!)

To make it simple, if you have fuel, compression, and spark at top
dead center on the compression stroke, it has to run.

Bruce K
57 3200
MN

At Thursday, 20 December 2001, you wrote:

>ok i tried everythig to get my 350 working...i put #1 cylinder up
tdc took off
>valve cover to make sure the valves were closed droped the distributor
in it
>was pointing to #1 cylinder...i wired her up and nothing........
.all i get is

EASY and FREE access to your email anywhere: http://kralweb.com/mail