[oletrucks] Lowering TF Leaf Springs

To: driver@49chevy.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Lowering TF Leaf Springs
From: McGillis@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 12:41:24 EST
I would love to drop my stock 1955 Cameo about 2" and make the ride a little
softer but do not want to compromise safety.  There have been entries about
removing spring leaves to lower 1/2 ton TF ('55 - '59) pickups.  Does it
cause spring fatigue, or cause the main leaf to break?  Do I remove alternate
leaves such as 3, 5, etc. until the desired drop is achieved?  My guess is
that if the main leaf is #1, with the spring eyes in it, the one next to it
(#2) should not be changed.  Does anyone have any comments?  See my truck at
www.chevytrucks.org/

Thanks,

     Dennis McGillis
     1955 Cameo (V8 CAMEO)