[oletrucks] 1941-46 1/2 ton

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 1941-46 1/2 ton
From: "Gene Merritt" <gmerritt@netins.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 13:46:52 -0600
I have a 1946 1/2 ton that has seen 50+ Iowa winters and is pretty rusty.
I'm pretty sure it's 100% original, but the bed has rusted off its brackets
and the doors and cab have some holes.

My question is, should I use this truck as the basis of my project, or
should I find a better truck and use this one for parts?  I am interested in
finding a truck with less rust, but I'd like to know if this holy grail
exists.

Does anyone have any suggestions/sightings of similar trucks?  What areas of
the country should I look in?  I've always heard about AZ, but some people
have mentioned TX and OR, so now I'm confused.  (All I know for sure is that
IA is not mentioned)

I hope someone can lend me a hand to save my truck.

Thanks

Gene Merritt