RE: [oletrucks] 1941-46 1/2 ton

To: "'Gene Merritt'" <gmerritt@netins.net>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 1941-46 1/2 ton
From: "Jhouse" <jhouse@ccsol.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 08:05:27 -0500
I have a 45 1/2 ton (3104) and was looking in this market for something that
ran and cost under $2,000.00.  I also thought I wanted a GMC (that I could
not find at any price).  It took over a year to find but the chevy truck has
NO rust and it did run.  I had to re-do a lot to keep it safe - only one of
the 3 brakes worked, rebuilt the top of the motor etc.  I looked on e-xxy
and a lot of regional auto publications.  I live in New Hampshire and the
truck I found was in Wisconsin.  I now see that there are a good deal of
these trucks in Wisconsin and Minnesota.  I almost went for a 3/4 ton up
there but backed away from it since some of it was converted to new stuff.
Last month there was a one ton pick up with a trailer for around $2500 on
e-bay and no one bid.  It was owned by one family and looked to be in OK
shape.

Good Luck,
NHJim