Re: [oletrucks] Gauges

To: "Jeff Clark" <jclark3@remc7.k12.mi.us>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Gauges
From: Thomas Allen <thallen@nwlink.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 10:42:00 -0800
Try to find a GMC gage pod.

These had a 0-60 PSI oil pressure gage and a -50  0  +50 Ammeter and a 220
deg. water temp gage. Otherwise they are identical.

You may be able to find individual pieces that comprise the pod somewhere,
like at a swap meet. I have not seen them listed in any of the repro
catalogs. You could also go with the digital gage setup although you may
not like digital gages, I don't.

Tom Allen
51 3800

At 10:20 AM 1/7/02 -0500, Jeff Clark wrote:
>List,
>
>I would like to redo the gauges in my truck.   I saw an ad for a company in
>California that will take my original gauges and redo them to match my engine
>350 (Oil pres., Temp ect).   Has anybody had this done and if so who did them
>for you.   It's pretty pricey but the gauges do come back looking like the
>original ones with new guts.
>Thanks,
>
>Jeff Clark
>3100 Chevy