Re: [oletrucks] Alternator Wiring & Gibbon

To: "Randall J. Krebs" <lawgod@offshore-tax.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Alternator Wiring & Gibbon
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 10:46:20 -0800
Actually all the GM Alternators have 3 wires coming off of them.  It's the
location of the 2 wire connector that determines the internal and external
regulator alternators.  If the two wire plastic connector is on the back of
the alternator then it's an external regulator alternator.  If the 2 wire
plastic connector ( #1 & #2) are on the side of the case it's an internal
regulator alternator.  What type do you have?

Joe