Re: [oletrucks] Alternator Wiring & Gibbon

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Alternator Wiring & Gibbon
From: "Randall J. Krebs" <lawgod@offshore-tax.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 13:24:44 -0500
Joe & Thomas,

Thanks for the information.  Naturally, my alternator has both 1 and 2, AND
R and F.  Does this mean that it is internal or external regulator?

I will be using the stock  '58 gages, so I am assuming that the Amp meter is
actually an Amp meter.  You have indicated where #1 wire goes, what about #2
wire?  Thomas' email appears to indicated that it should go to the battery
or the battery terminal on the starter.  The local wrecker's suggestion was
just to hook the two together?

Thanks

Randy