Re: [oletrucks] stock exhaust

To: "Peters, Jon C" <jpeters@sikorsky.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] stock exhaust
From: "Scott Tyson" <scott-tyson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 14:54:08 -0500
Where are you located Jon? I am in need of a replacement exhaust manifold as
well. The flange stud ear is broken off. I have to do a little research on
what casting number I need. I have a '51 1/2 ton that someone installed a
235ci. The casting numbers on the block tell me it's a 55-57. (But if that
was true, shouldn't it have an adapter plate to mount an external oil
filter?) The odd thing about the manifold is that the carburetor has an
automatic choke?!?!. The manifold itself has heat riser tube that goes to
the carb. exhaust flange is angled. I know some have a straight flange (
parallel to the ground) My assumption was that the straight ones came out of
trucks and the angled ones come out of cars. But you what happens when you
assume.