Re: [oletrucks] Adjusting valves

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Adjusting valves
From: Tinker <tinker@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 01:40:01 +0100
The easiest way I know for finding out when a cylinder is at TDC ignition
stroke is when it's opposite cylinder is "on the rock" (I'm a Brit, you may
have another term, it means that both valves are slightly open, valve
overlap) both push-rods are "tight", under pressure. To establish that no 1
on a V8 is on TDC ignition, No 7 cylinder is also on TDC but "on the
rock"(the push-rods won't turn easily).

N01cylinder tdc->n07cylinder"on the rock" adjust N01cylinder
N02tdc-> N08"on the rock"adjust N02cylinder
N03tdc-> N05"on the rock"adjust N03cylinder
N04tdc-> N06"on the rock"adjust N04cylinder
N05tdc-> N03"on the rock"adjust N05cylinder
N06tdc-> N04"on the rock"adjust N06cylinder
N07tdc-> N01"on the rock"adjust N07cylinder
N08tdc-> N02"on the rock"adjust N08cylinder

This is for a firing order of 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

Does this make sense?
Matthew Tinker