[oletrucks] GMC is BIG! Wheels split?

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, <oldcoetrucks@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] GMC is BIG! Wheels split?
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 18:44:29 -0500
This old 470 GMC with diesel is sure huge on parts. Cab mounts are cast alum,
not just metal straps, from x-over is big and dips way down, engine mounts
very heavy, high on frame, Clutch housing very small and round, trans is big,
maybe it's a 5spd? Can't get it to shift, moves back and forth in Neutral gate
which seems long. Looks much bigger than SM420, and I'm thinking maybe a
Clarke. U-joints are huge, rear-end is huge. Wheels are huge! Wheels are
Daytons, and all have a big "crack" looking spot where tube stem comes out. Is
that normal? Looks too even and on all wheels to be a cracked spot.
Springs/hangers are huge!  Cab seems to be diff on front floor panels. Has a
big "bump" to inside accross the firewall not on 2-tons like I have. Trans
cover seems flatter than my 2-ton even tho it has smaller trans in IT! Lots
different than I'm used to, outta be a "new" experience working on this truck.

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN 46750
AD COE's in restoration
54 Chevy 2-ton (driver)