[oletrucks] Motor Mounts

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Motor Mounts
From: "William Schickling" <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 13:07:05 -0500
OK.  I'm trying to not get mad at myself. I have finished the rebuild of the
1960 235 that I will be swapping into my 1940 1/2 ton. I have the entire
engine back together and painted. I just realized that I didn't think about
the motor mounts being different between a 1940 truck and a 1960 car. That's
why I'm mad at myself. The car had large motor mounts on the side and
nothing in the front. I went and looked and the  front engine plate has a
nice beefy flange on the bottom, but no holes for the front motor mount.

Can I just drill holes here for the front motor mount or do I have to take
it all apart and swap the front engine plate from the 216?

Can someone give me a quick lesson in motor mounts?

Bill Schickling