Re: [oletrucks] wheels and tires for a 2-ton

To: "OLETRUCK list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] wheels and tires for a 2-ton
From: "Boteler Family" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 23:43:50 -0500
Hi Dave,  If you have 20" split rims and they go flat and sit for a while
you need to be VERY careful when putting air back in.  The rim retainer ring
may not be fully locked allowing it to blow apart.  Many people have been
killed around these rims.

Measure bolt hole and center hole and find a BIG truck junk yard.  A modern
10 lug rim might work on your 5 lug hubs.  I just got a spare 6 lug 22.5 to
have as a spare, cost me $10.

Good luck and be safe.

Mike Boteler
'56 8400 Wrecker