RE: [oletrucks] Replacement Under bed Gas Tanks

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Replacement Under bed Gas Tanks
From: Noyes <dnoyes@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 11:39:07 -0800
About a week ago I ordered an aluminum tanks from Classic Performance
Products in CA.  I'm restoring a my 50 3600, and the bed is coming off this
week so when I put the tank and truck together I'll let you know how things
work out.  For sure there are at least three tanks designed for this
application, two aluminum, and one stainless.  Stainless costs more, and I
talked to a a guy at Brothers, who carries both who said that the aluminim
is just as good.  I bought the least expensive tank since for the same money
the tank alone costs from others, I got a cool flush billet filler neck too.

Here's a link to CPP in their tanks section:

http://www.classicperform.com/4754chevtrk.html#GAS

Here's a link to others I've found:

http://www.brotherstrucks.com/online-frame.htm

You'll find an assortment under "G" for gas tank.

I saw another member reply that he used No Limit's tank.  Here's a link to
it

http://www.nolimit.net/new.htm

Remember, you have options on the fill location too: either bed fill or side
fill, and you can really put the filler anywhere you want.  Because I have a
3/4 ton, I've got a big flat space on the side of the bed I plan to use for
the filler. (basically where the earlier trucks had the stock filler).  My
rationale for not using the bed fill is that I intend to have the bed full
of stuff on long trips.  Imagine trying to move the load just to fill up
again!

Good luck,

Jeff Noyes
50 3600 (no name yet)