[oletrucks] Fw: 470 Diesel

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, <oldcoetrucks@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] Fw: 470 Diesel
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 17:39:58 -0500
Folks, messing with truck today, it was nice 50* weather today. I found on
engine a cast # on right way down. It's 5183957  and a wheel looking mark with
CFD after it. Mine's diff than the pix you sent, no flat spot with stampings
found yet. My oil fill? is back there where you show to look.
I did pry open the glovebox and there it was......Metal tag with info on truck
and parts in it. Shows Model D472 and vin and engine as 3-71
                  Eaton axles  485 front and EAT TSDP 17501 ratios 5.57 and
7.60
                  Trans Clark  204VO  5OD (Overdrive, neat!)
                  Spring leaves 10 rear 9 auxillary
                  6 wheels Dayton  intregal?
Was suprised rear ratios were that high, specially with OD trans! I'm trying
to get front off to clear engine better for cleaning and inspecting. I think
it's stuck! Boo! I've sorta got the brakes to move, have some open lines and
hole in pressure tank. Gonna fix some leaks and hook up my compressor to it to
try them. This cab and fenders is looking really pretty solid, not like most
smaller trucks I drag home. Too bad most of glass is broken and leaked all
over dash. It's been rewired and who knows where it all goes. Bunches of
switches, buttons, levers inside to figure out. Trans won't shift, only moves
back/forth in Nuetral now. Hope it comes loose! Clutch? Not sure yet, seems
like it's jambing on linkage or ? Had to quit, bowling tonight, see ya!
           "And the adventure continues!"

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN 46750
AD COE's in restoration