[oletrucks] 53 Chevy 1/2 on Grill guard

To: "Ole Trucks (E-mail)" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 53 Chevy 1/2 on Grill guard
From: Jim Wilkerson <Jim.Wilkerson@sas.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 11:15:40 -0500
Greetings!

Does anyone know where I might find the upper tubular part of the Grill guard
that came on some early AD pickups?  These are those three piece assemblies
that bolted onto the front bumper.  There were two vertical 'bars' connected by
a curved piece of steel tubing (tube is about 2" in diameter and approx. 30"
long). It has a slight curve it it that matches the currve of the bumper and
grill.  I want to chrome plate mine, but the tube section is dented and cannot
be repaired.

Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket source for these items?

Thanks.

Jim Wilkerson