[oletrucks] Wheel Lock Troubles

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Wheel Lock Troubles
From: "Armijo, Manuel L" <manuel.l.armijo@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 06:51:29 -0800
        Doh!  I had the same thing happen!  Got the truck all jacked up to
do the brakes, and lo and behold!  The durn key was lost!  I wasn't about to
go spend more money on a duplicate key than a whole new set of locks cost,
soooo, I took my 4" angle grinder, and ground flat spots on the lock, just
enough so i could tap a socket onto it.  Then i took my trusty 1/2" impact
wrench and got the lock to spin off.  (that compressor and air tools are the
best thing i've ever bought myself).  All the while my 14 year old son and 3
year old basset hound were looking over my shoulder asking me how i lost the
key in the first place!  That hound is gonna get is nose ground off if he
don't quit trying to help!  Doh!  If i had to do it again, i would do the
same thing, EXCEPT i would put some duct tape on my alloy rims so as not to
get a burn mark from the grinder slag on my rim...Homer Simpson said it
best, and i'll say it again  "Doh"!
manuel.