[oletrucks] Repainting my son's 1950 GMC

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Repainting my son's 1950 GMC
From: Dave <dave@juniorbaseball.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:00:17 -0800
OK, so the truck has been sitting at the shop, getting sanded, straightened,
prepped here and there. The big day came Monday to shoot it, without bed or
rear fenders on it. I came in Tuesday morning at 8am, look at it, and my jaw
drops. Terrific job, like glass.....in the WRONG color!!!!! Seems the chip
color was off, and it's too light!
  My son was soooo upset, after waiting all these months, anticipating a
wonderful payoff...and instead, utter disappointment.
  Now we have to have them re-sand and mask and re-shoot it! It was stripped
to bare metal, primered, sanded to #400. NOW what do we do??? They said they
can "scuff it" and remove the gloss and reshoot and it can come out just as
good. I'm concerned. It has hardened three days now (polyurethane), and they
want to get it out of there.
  Will sanding it to a uniform matte finish (they said #220 instead of #400
now that paint is on it) allow a good flow again, as good as the first time?
Or MUST it be sanded right through the paint to the primer? I need to know
quickly!
  Please email answers to dave@juniorbaseball.com.

Thanks guys!
Dave in So. Ca.