Re: [oletrucks] Repainting my son's 1950 GMC

To: dave@juniorbaseball.com (Dave)
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Repainting my son's 1950 GMC
From: Tom3600@webtv.net
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 15:25:48 -0500 (EST)
Dave ~

It depends a lot on what type and manufacturer of the urethane topcoat
finish that was used.  I would try to get them to let you read what it
says on the container label as far as what the manufacturer says about
the best recoat time and what type of sanding is required for proper
recoat adhesion.  The key thing with a catalyzed urethane is the ratio
of catalyst to paint that was used and the time since it was applied.
(The quicker you can get it sanded and recoated the better.)  There will
be nothing wrong with the final finish that you end up with as long as
you do the necessary light sanding.  In fact you will probably have a
much smoother finish with a lot of depth if the second paint job is done
properly.

Tom

Tom Poterack
Moline, IL.