Re: [oletrucks] Wheels for '53 GMC 3/4 ton

To: rockyjones@prodigy.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Wheels for '53 GMC 3/4 ton
From: "OC Radicic" <ocradicic@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:05:29 -0600
Rocky,
You are of course in the driver's seat for that decision. (no pun intended!
:) )
If you want original...., Coker Tire sells "Firestone 700x16 or 17" original
tires.  I went with 5 new 17" Firestones on my 3 piece rims for mine.  For
me, the rims are part of the AD story.  Just like wooden spokes on trucks of
the twenties.  Of course..Your vehicle will not ride as well with these, but
represents the truck of the day.  It will also score well with the judges if
originality is important to you. :)
If it's going to be a daily ride, then modern radial tires as mentioned here
with a <4.0" backspacing will work.  Stockton Wheels will mod your rims to
fit modern tires or whatever tire you desire.

If I had my way, I would have both...original and modern wheels.      ha
ha.. but then again we generally are contrained by budgets or bugeteers. :)

Gary Radicic
1950 Chevy 3600
Geneseo, IL