RE: [oletrucks] Frame prep for IFS

To: Oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, steven stuckmeyer
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Frame prep for IFS
From: "David B. Cushing" <david_b_cushing@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 22:05:13 -0800
I am installing No Limit Engineering IFS in my 57.  Actually I am going to
be welding in the cross member and boxing plates tomorrow.  The kit comes
with boxing plates that go from the foward cab mounts to the radiator core
support.  These guys have been making truck IFS kit for years, and are
considered one of the best, so I assume that the amount of boxing they
reccomend is adequate.

As for the rear, I looked over the four link and decided to go with a normal
leaf spring setup.  The four link looks nice, but doesn't give the ride or
handling leaf springs do, and I intend my truck to be a daily driver.

Hope that helps.

Dave