[oletrucks] Frame prep for IFS

To: "oletruck" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Frame prep for IFS
From: "steven stuckmeyer" <slstu@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 18:20:21 -0600
  I am getting reading to go for Mustang II IFS conversion. I've been doing
some research and come across a website saying that the whole frame needs to
be boxed for an IFS to perform correctly and to prevent the frame from
cracking. I know the area around the front where the cross member welds in
should be boxed. But does the whole frame require boxing? I'm undecided on a
rear 4-link set up or leaf springs. I'm leaning to the 4-link just because I
think it looks neat. Any suggestions?
  Anyone looking for a 56 235? It needs rebuilt, still runs, but loose
bearings. Also have a complete drive train-3 speed trans w/54 rear axle and
the 51 front axle. 15x8 rally rims.
Steve
51 3100
St Peters, MO