Re: [oletrucks] best place to get rechroming done?

To: Rroslowski@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] best place to get rechroming done?
From: dcvjrv@covad.net
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 16:10:08 -0500
Roger,

Are you talking about the piece that goes on the front of the hood or the
hood emblem (bird) that is optional and goes on the top of the
hood.  Either you or the plater will get them back to raw metal.  How big
of a hurry are you in.  If I remember correctly you do not own a truck yet
so time shouldn't be of a great concern and I also seem to remember that I
sold you the 58 front emblem back in March of 2000 and not thru eBay.  If
not I would suggest that you contact The Finishing Touch in Chicago.  They
do excellent work and they are reasonable.  I have switched from my local
plater only because they don't charge as much.  The time lag is the same
and the quality is the same.

Good luck,
Jim V.

At 10:40 AM 2/16/02 Saturday, Rroslowski@aol.com wrote:
>Hey list....
>
>I live in New Jersey and I have a two GMC hood emblems ('55 and '58) that I
>bought from e&#y that, as I was told, were media blasted and then primered.
>I'd eventually like to get them chrome-plated instead of re-painting them.  I
>have two questions for the list....
>
>Question #1: since they are primered, can they be plated that way or is there
>something I need to do before sending them out?
>
>Question #2: are there any good chrome platers around my area (I live in
>central/south NJ, so some areas of Pennsylvania wouldn't be out of the
>question).
>
>Thanks in advance for the help!
>
>Roger Roslowski, Jr.
>Rroslowski@aol.com
>Bordentown, New Jersey
>Chevy & GMC Truck Admirer (for now!)

Jim V.
1958 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup (Cameo style) - V8 Hydramatic
http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/mi2/jrvvehicles
dcvjrv@covad.net