Re: [oletrucks] What kind of alternator should I be looking

To: william.gray@snet.net, scott-tyson@worldnet.att.net,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] What kind of alternator should I be looking
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 19:03:58 EST
william.gray@snet.net writes:

<< And you don't need a 12V generator. >>
This is true.  When I converted my '48 to 12 volts, I was told to leave the 6
volt generator in place.  I did and it has worked fine for 3 years.  Puts out
around 14 volts and keeps the 12 volt battery charged fine through the 12
volt regulator.  Keep the 6 volt starter too.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX