[oletrucks] 51 temperature sensor help

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 51 temperature sensor help
From: Louk2@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 20:28:18 EST
Perhaps someone has experience with water temperature probes and lines.  I
would like to use the original temperature guage from my 51, 3100.
Unfortunatly the spot on the engine block of my 305 is farther away than the
original 215.  The probe won't reach.

My question is can the line out to the sensor be cut and soldered to
lengthened with a longer line or will that destroy the sensor.  Is the line
solid or hollow?

Any sugestions or information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lou

Louk2@AOL.com