Re: [oletrucks] 336 V8 and Hydramatic

To: Robert.Heil@hellausa.com, mark@noakes.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 336 V8 and Hydramatic
From: TORODRVR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 14:24:48 EST
Robert.Heil@hellausa.com writes:

<< As for the transmission, you are going to need a short-tail 400 Hydramatic
 out of any GTO, Cutlass, or Skylark from 1968 - 1972 or any 400 Firebird
 from '68 thru 1978.  Rusty GTO's can be had for peanuts compared to what
 you might pay for these parts individually.

 Bob Heil
 '51 3600 in pieces >>
Original sender,
I'm sure you weren't inquiring about finding a TH400, as the above implies.
I'm sorry to say I don't know where you can get what you're looking for, but
don't be fooled into thinking a TH400 is the same as the Hydramatic as used
in the original trucks.