[oletrucks] 336 V8 and Hydramatic

To: napco4x4@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 336 V8 and Hydramatic
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 16:29:53 -0800 (PST)
To NAPCO and ole-trucks lists:

I have previously mentioned to the NAPCO list that I just picked up a 58 GMC
1/2 ton
NAPCO, big back window cab, fleetside, with 6 cylinder, 3 speed manual, and
original
power steering.

I would like to consider converting this truck to an original 336 V8 and
Hydramatic
transmission, keeping the NAPCO and power steering, of course.

So I need to find a good 336 V8...anyone have one that they want to get rid of?

And I'd like to pick up a Hydramatic.  My brother Brian has a spare for his 57
Cameo
(265 V8), and what I'm thinking is that we would pick up another Hydramatic and
have one
spare between us.

Are there any differences between the GMC Hydramatic and the Chevy Hydramatic
that would
make this not work (other than the bell housing)?

Anyone have a spare Hydramatic that they want to get rid of?  I already have
all the
linkage, column shifter, etc.  Just need the trans.

I'd prefer the the southeast as trying to go get one further out than that can
be a
problem (shipping or travel to get it).

Thanks,

Mark Noakes