RE: [oletrucks] ??? Nuts, Bolts, & Washers ????

To: "'Carl & Becky Ham'" <the_hams@hotmail.com>, <pez@nac.net>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] ??? Nuts, Bolts, & Washers ????
From: "William Gray" <william.gray@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 05:45:47 -0500
A few years ago I bought the sets Northern offered, large, small and
metric.  They came in fairly nice snap together bins.  Problems:
.  The large set goes from 5/16  to 5/8 all coarse.  The small set goes
from 10-32 down to 8-32.  Note no 1/4 or 12 sizes, no fines on the
large, no coarse on the small.  I've dedicated an entire drawer of my
hardware desk to 1/4" stuff from the hardware store - I use a lot.
.  The hardware quality isn't so good.  OK for non-critical or lightly
loaded stuff.  I've been replacing with better hardware as the bins get
low.
.  The bins are too small to fit my hands in when stacked, so stuff at
the back can a minor problem to get out. Pull out drawers would be
better.

If I was to do it again I'd put more $$$ in up front and go with
something from a real hardware supplier.

Try the McMaster-Carr website.  They're an industrial supplier in NJ,
carry a huge variety of hardware, including nut/bolt assortments in
containers and lots of other stuff.

Bill Gray
william.gray@snet.net