RE: [oletrucks] '74-'87 chev PU IFS swap into AD.

To: "Nelson, Steve" <snelson@barronind.com>, CHARLES_A._CLARK@HUD.GOV,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] '74-'87 chev PU IFS swap into AD.
From: Bob Fischer <r.fischerjr@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 10:30:33 -0800
Hi Steve,
I did this using a donor 77 GMC  2WD and would cast my vote for obtaining a
donor.

I've done it both ways, and it's much easier having everything at your
finger tips rather than running back and forth to the bone yard for some
little bracket, spring clip, or special shouldered bolt etc. It is also
cheaper, the time and gas back and forth to the yard not with standing,
since purchasing a small piece of a sub assembly at a yard usually, in
their minds is worth damn near as much as the whole assembly was the first
time you bought it.

>I am brand new to this forum and the hobby.  I have been on the e-mail list
>for a couple of weeks.  I own a 1954 3100 chevy pick-up that runs OK.  I
>would like to turn it into a daily driver with air and auto and enough motor
>to remind me of the 1960's.  Can someone point me to the web sites and
>articles mentioned here.  I also wanted to know if it is better to look for
>a donor car or truck (and which one) or look for used components.

"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

  http://Bobsplayce.home.att.net   e-mail -->r.fischerjr@att.net