[oletrucks] '74-'87 chev PU IFS swap into AD.

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] '74-'87 chev PU IFS swap into AD.
From: CHARLES_A._CLARK@HUD.GOV
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:03:42 -0500
     I am seriously thinking about doing the subject swap and have read the
info on Joe's and Bob fischer's WEB sites.  I have a question about motor
mounts.

I have already put in the motor mounts for the 350 (engine is already in
the truck and running).   I bought the mounts fro Jim Carter which are the
kind that fit inside the frame rail and welded in.  Will these interfere
with the swap or will I have to use the mounts on the saddle?  Also, how
easy is the swap with the engine in the truck if my existing mounts can be
used? Also, I noticed in Bob's article that the crank damper may be too
close to the saddle if my existing mounts can be used.  Is there any way to
notch the saddle without materially weakening it?  Any other things I
should watch out for or anticipate?  Also, how long did it actually take to
do the swap?

Thanks