RE: [oletrucks] Thanks! WOW!!

To: Truck list <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Thanks! WOW!!
From: "Peters, Jon C" <jpeters@sikorsky.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 10:27:54 -0500
Lee/Pat,
The Mercedes lamps are as faraway from drop-in as you can get! They're about
the size of a rugby ball (fatter than a football, but still long) and fit up
flush but at a 50 degree angle back from the stock round bulb. I'm still in
the chassis construction phase. All body work will be done after custom
frame is fabricated.
I just sold my other project truck (53 5 window) to finance this one. That
truck come first. I'm installing the drive train from a Monte Carlo and it's
harness. The posi rear that's currently holding up the back half of my
project will be going in that one, some general clean up (body work) and
away it goes (cleaning out the yard at the same time makes the wife happy.
I am documenting the construction via pics and text (e-journal) and whenever
I get my web page done its construction will be on it. This is back yard
garage at its finest, I have worked for a professional customizer in the
past as a gopher and somehow got some of my thoughts put into his cars. His
encouragement and somewhat training have inspired me to build that "one in a
million" truck. Although he freaked out when he saw how far I am actually
going. He build extremely traditional hotrods Westergard styling and such.

Jon

Ps I've included a scan of my sketch of what I plan on doing.
 <<untitled1.jpg>>